Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you describe the construction of your cabinets?
A: All of the cabinets sold at Kitchens On A Budget are made out of solid wood (no particle board). All wood, face frame construction using selected 3/4“solid wood. Premium full overlay door styles up to 36" wide. 5/8”A-grade Plywood Boxes, interior natural UV Clear coat finish. Most other cabinet company on the market now use composite wood (particle broad) or less 1/2” plywood, only high end and expensive cabinetry will use 5/8”or ¾” thick plywood boxes.
Q: What do you mean by "all wood, no particleboard"?
A: Particle board – also known as low density fiberboard and chipboard, is a wood product manufactured from wood chips, sawmill shavings or even sawdust, and a synthetic resin or other suitable binder. It is then pressed and extruded. Most kitchen cabinets available at other big box stores are made of particle board but at KOB Kitchen’s cabinets feature a quality 5/8” plywood box with solid wood face frame and door. Plywood has been proven to last longer in more under harsher conditions than particle board, thus our cabinets will function well for longer than our competition.
Q: How are your drawers constructed?
A: We use 5/8” plywood and solid birch faces. The drawer box is dovetailed on every corner using side mounted soft close glides.
Q: What kind of shelves come with the cabinets?
A: We offer ¾” thick plywood shelves with adjustable metal pins.
Q: What are cabinet depths?
A: The base cabinets are 24” deep, while the upper wall cabinets are 12” deep.
Q: How many styles does KOB own line offer?
A: We currently carry 7 styles in our own line, each with a unique finish. We do carry other brand lines to give you more options.
Q: Are the cabinet sides finished?
A: Yes, both sides are finished, no need for extra end panels.
Q: Do you sell unfinished cabinets or doors?
A: No, we do not sell unfinished cabinets or doors.
Cabinet accessories and modifications
Q: Are custom cabinets available?
A: Sadly no because we are not a custom cabinetry shop. However our cabinets come in 3” increments and most customers do not typically need custom sizes.
Q: Does it come with hardware like pulls or knobs?
A: Pulls and Knobs are sold separately.
Q: Are the cabinets available with pullout/rollout trays?
A: Yes, we Rollout Trays that will fit any size cabinet, they are an add-on feature.
Q: Do you carry wall cabinets with glass in the doors?
A: Yes, however glass is sold separately. This gives the client more flexibility to choose the exact style they are looking for.
Purchasing/ Ordering Cabinets
Q: Can I buy the door only, or a cabinet without doors?
A: Unfortunately no, we sell the cabinet as a whole unit. However, we often find that our cabinets costs less than buying a door by itself elsewhere.
Q: Can I just buy a few cabinets?
A: Yes, there is no minimum or maximum to the amount of cabinets you can purchase.
Q: Do you sell RTA?
A: No, all of our cabinets are built in house.
Q: Do I need to buy the toe kick?
A: Technically no, as our cabinets come with toe kicks, but it is highly recommended that you buy the toe kick panel so the finished project does not show any seams.
Q: Can I change my order after I place it?
A: There is a two day grace period after you submit the order to make any changes to the design.
Q: What form of payment do you accept?
A: We accept cash or check. Credit cards, over $500, there is a 3% up charge. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Q: Do you offer financing?
A: Not at this point in time.
Q: How can I order?
A: Provide us with list of items, email and/or fax it to us. To pay, please either mail in your check or come by in person.
Q: How much do sample doors cost?
A: They cost $20.
Delivery and Installations
Q: Do you offer installation?
A:We do not offer installations, but we do have a list of contractors that we recommend that you can hire to install the cabinets.
Q: How do I know when the Delivery or Pickup will take place?
A: Kitchens on a Budget employee will call to schedule a date when the assembly process is complete.
Q: What do I need to do before I sign the Delivery/ Pickup sheet?
A: Everything has to be paid for before we unload the truck. We make, build, pack and deliver our goods thus there is rarely damage. However, we urge you to double check your items and inspect to see if there is any physical damage. If you don't open the box before you sign, we will not be responsible for physical damages once it is is your custody.
Q: What if my cabinets arrive damaged?
A:We build, pack, and check the cabinets before we ship them to you. On delivery you should inspect them. 99% of the time there is no damage. If you found damage from a defect, we will take it back and give you are placement.
Q: Can I pick up the cabinets at your store?
Q: What is the lift gate or side delivery?
A: Our drivers are not allowed to enter your home/business for liability issues. Please have people there to help unload. We will drop it off outside of the project site, such as in the driveway.
Design and Site Measurements
Q: Do you charge for design?
A:We do not charge for basic design, but you will need to provide the measurements of the space. or Schedule an site measurement appointment.
For design sessions lasting longer than 3 hours, a $50 per hour fee will begin.
Q: Do you offer site measurements?
A: Yes, we will measure the space you are looking to remodel. There will be a $75 fee for the measuring service.
Counties outside of Chittenden county will be $100 to measure the space.
Out of state visit $150
Policies and Warranties
Q: Do you offer warranty on the cabinets?
A:Yes, see our Warranty Policy.
Q: How much is my shipping cost?
A: We use our own truck, which results in less damaged items.
$75-- Chittenden County (per trip)
$125-- For surrounding county's of Chittenden (per trip)
$150-- For other county's in Vermont (per trip)
$300+-- For out of state (per trip)
Life Limited Warranty
KOB Kitchen LLC warrants to the original consumer purchaser that KOB Stat Cabinet, door hinges, and drawer glides will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years from purchase date (Proof of Purchase is required). This warranty is not transferable and only applicable to product used for residential purposes. Representatives of KOB Star Cabinetry do not have the authority to change or enlarge this warranty.
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, damage or defects caused by accidents, misuse, abuse, or lack of necessary maintenance; nor does it cover alteration, modification, improper installation, improper handling / storage, environmental conditions, nor any labor expenses.
KOB Kitchen LLC, at our option, may elect to repair or replace with a functionally equivalent product any KOB Star Cabinetry product covered by this warranty. Some replacement parts are subject to availability and may differ from original parts received. Return of defective product may be required for a replacement to be issued. Repair parts or replacement parts are at the expense of KOB Kitchen LLC, but customer shall bear all other expenses. These expenses may include, but are not limited to, cost of removal and re-installation of product, labor expenses, etc.
Just as no two trees are alike, no two pieces of wood are alike. The variation in color and grain pattern in wood adds to its natural beauty and is not considered an imperfection. Environmental factors, including but not limited to artificial / natural light, moisture, cleaners, smoke, etc, may cause the darkening or mellowing of a cabinet over time. This is a natural process and can be expected. This warranty does not cover the natural aging or darkening / mellowing of wood color, the inherent growth characteristics of, or variation in wood.
Some of the cabinet lines feature a glazed finish which accentuates the door and drawer front profiles. This glaze is hand applied over a stain or paint and may, due to the nature of application, consist of random drips, runs, etc. As glazing is a hand applied process there will be variations in color and appearance from door to door and cabinet to cabinet. This is not considered a defect and is considered normal with hand applied finishes.
It is the nature of wood to expand and contract to varying degrees depending on climate conditions. As a result, cabinet lines with painted surfaces may show fractures in the paint at joints. This is normal and is not considered a defect.
This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and Canada and is not transferable. All implied warranties are limited in duration to the shorter of the period provided by law or the period of this warranty. To the extent permitted by law, this warranty excludes special, incidental, or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
To exercise this warranty, please contact the KOB Kitchen LLC supplier from whom you purchased the product. Report, in writing, to email@example.com all defects claimed and include proof of purchase documentation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. Design and consultation, Kitchens On A Budget, LLC offers Free design and free consultations in Chittenden county, Vermont. If needed, our Team will schedule a time to take measurements and photographs of your existing space. Note, we do charge $75 for site measurements. We can also work with your architectural plans, but be aware if you provide the measurement, we do not take any responsibility for any incorrect design or damaged. We will Inform you of how to measure your space if you would like to do it yourself (See How to Measure Your Kitchen).
2. Order Acceptance Policy. Kitchens On A Budget, LLC reserves the right at any time to accept or decline a Customer’s order for any reason, including lack of availability of products, failure by the customer to satisfy payment terms, or when a product quote is incorrect due to typographical error (for, example, in an advertisement) or error in pricing information. Kitchens On A Budget, LLC reserves the right to adjust or cancel quotations as required.
3. Payment. 50% of the price is due at the time of ordering. The remaining 50% is due at the time of delivery. If the buyer fails to pay any amount when due, Kitchens On A Budget, LLC has the right to keep the 50% as a damages fee.
4. Cancellations. Customers may cancel orders without charge within 1 day of placing an order. Any order cancelled after 1 days Kitchens on a Budget, LLC has right to keep the 20% as a damage fee. Kitchens on a budget will refund the process within an week. ORDERS MAY NOT BE CANCELLED AFTER 1 DAY deposit.
5. Change. if the buyer requests any additional service and change any specification, color, sizes or details after execution of purchase, this may result in additional cost and delay in tendering the service and produce. Requested changes need not be put in writing the additional price, and delay associated with any change is determined by Kitchens On A Budget, LLC and any additional cost for the change is due to the buyer upon request.
6. Return policy. The consumer has the duty to inspect all material upon delivery. If the product is damaged we will exchange it, with no cost. The products described are specially designed and custom built for this matter. Kitchens On A Budget, LLC- No return after the cabinets is deliver. Returns on trims, moldings, fillers or panels only applied to KOB Star Cabinetry. Returns must be received by KOB within 30 days of purchase. All trims, moldings, fillers or panels will be inspect by KOB employee to determined if still in good resale condition. Returns will incur a 25% RESTOCKING FEE.
7. Contractors referral. Kitchens On A Budget, LLC only provides a list of name, contractor are not KOB employee or sub-contractors. KOB has no relationship with contractors.
8. Taxes. Buyer shall pay to Kitchens On A Budget, LLC any and all sales taxes, excises or other charges upon, or measured by the production, sale, transportation, delivery or use of the merchandise sold that Kitchen On A Budget, LLC is required by any national, state or local government to pay or to collect.
9. Friendly Reminder, Wood is an organic material. Regardless of quality, hairline cracks are unavoidable in wood cabinets. They occur wherever there’s a joint between pieces of wood with grain running in different directions: for example, the joints between stiles and rails on the doors or the face frames that surround openings, the pieces expand and contract at different rates with changes in humidity, since wood movement is much more pronounced across the grain than with it, a painted finish, no matter how good or how carefully applied, just can't keep up. Every species and grade of solid wood behaves this, although cracks are more noticeable on the light-color cabinets than on dark one, we warn clients about this in advance, the cracks will probably be more noticeable in winter than in summer because heat dries everything out
We hope this clarifies what you can expect from Kitchens On A Budget, LLC. We are committed to helping our Clients make the best choices for their projects. We look forward to working together on your Kitchen project.
Q: What is a 10ft kitchen?
A: On a ten foot section of wall, all the appliances and cabinets that are needed are placed. For us the price for the cabinets is calculated. This method is often used for comparison.
Q: What is a 10x10 kitchen?
A: An L is formed by combining two 10ft walls together, placing the cabinets and appliances for a functioning kitchen. The price of that amount of cabinets is then calculated. This method is used to get a rough idea of how much your kitchen remodel may cost, comparing the size of a 10 by 10 kitchen to the space you were considering.
Q: How does KOB pricing compare to other cabinet showrooms?
A: When compared to other cabinet companies, our quality and price can not be beat. Our cabinets are typically less expensive than what you could get at a big box store, but the quality is that of the highest end cabinetry companies.
Q: Do you price match?
A: We will price match products that are the same quality as out cabinets.
Q: What is the difference between you and an RTA online store?
A: We don’t sell RTA or online. Our cabinets require a special assembly process.
Q: How are you different from other local kitchen retail stores?
A: We own our own lines of cabinetry. Additionally, we are a wholesale supplier. these two factors make our prices so low, but the quality still incredibly high.
Q: Where can I view the cabinets?
A: At our showroom: 1860 Williston Road, South Burlington, Vermont. We are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Mon-Fri, Satuday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sunday by appointment.
Q: Do you sell bathroom cabinets?
A:Yes, we have a solid selection of bathroom vanity cabinets. Stop by our showroom to see what we offer!
Q: Are the cabinets in stock?
A: Yes. If an item is out of stock it will normally be replenished within 4-8 weeks. If your order has a few items that are out of stock, we may urge you to change your layout.
Q: Do you carry sinks?
A: Yes, please review our Sink page for specifics!
Q: Do you run specials or promotions?
A: Yes, we runs several promotions throughout the year!
Q: Do you sell Counter Tops?
A:We do not sell Counter Tops. However we will refer you to local fabricators, not showrooms. All so you can get a better price on the counter. See our Local Partners for more information!
We are committed to offer the finest cabinetry designed for the budget market. We sell well-constructed durable standard and custom woodworking products for builders, home owners, and architects. Our mission is to bring you truly high quality cabinets at a budget friendly price.